www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Friday, August 29, 2008

Crappy Del Mar - Crap Elvis in Ibiza

So with a longing for the quintessential Spanish experience of tapas, good wine, rich language, walks among the olive trees, I realised that it would all have to wait as I found myself on a cheap flight to the Spanish Balearic island of Ibiza instead.

Known as the party capital of the world, I tried to restrict myself to going out just a couple of times in my week there. Granted the first time was for 3 days, and the second for 4 days, but I only went out twice.

It's an island where I spent 6 months DJing a few years ago, so I wanted to see what it looked like during the day. Unfortunately combined with this visit's nights out, it just looked blurry. However, to convince myself that there is a daytime in Ibiza, I dragged myself down to the world famous Cafe Del Mar for sunset drinks. With an amazing blend of chill-out tunes providing the soundtrack to the sun dipping into the ocean, there is always a huge round of applause as the final red blob plops out of sight. But despite that cheer for another sunburnt Scotsman drowning, I think it was also for the sun finally setting.
How easily pleased are Ibizan tourists?!!! "Congratulations Sun you didn't resist the millions of years old set orbit of the Milky Way. For a moment there, we thought you might bounce back up"









The island is of course famous for Pacha, Amnesia, Privilege, Eden, and other members of the Geldof family. It's home to the world's biggest nightclub, holding 10000 people and including a giant swimming pool in the centre. Now when was the last time you thought "shall I have a drink, shall I have a dance, or should I perfect my backstroke?."

One of the other clubs also has an art gallery in it. I spent ages staring at a typical Picasso - a man with one eye bigger than the other, lopsided mouth, nose half way round its face. In fact it was at least half hour before I realised I was looking at the bouncer.



The staff washing machine at Amnesia leaked a lot...











A recent pole suggests Elvis is still alive...





Another employment opportunity blown...

No comments: