www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Monday, September 22, 2008

El Crapador - Crap Elvis in Spain..again

Hola Valencia...


After a failed attempt to get typically Spanishy earlier in the trip (ended up larging...and lagering...it up in Ibiza), another cheap flight found me on trip numero dos to Valencia in spain. Starting with an incredibly underwhelming welcome on the tarmac - I waved to the crowd, and he waved back. "He" being the guy with the ping pong bats and earmuffs, and "waved back" being rude hand gestures for me to get off the steps. Never one to let a foreign insult heed the trip though, thus began a few days of of tapas, sangria, and paella. And depsite sounding like new car models from Ford, they're actually all typical food and drinks (however I do recommend you test drive the new Renault Tortilla) . In fact Valencia was where Paella (seafood and rice dish) was invented, and it's also the site of the annual Tomantina festival where a nearby village turns into a massive tomato foodfight. Let's hope they never combine the both, as it's all very funny until someone gets a prawn in the eye.




From Valencia I was keen to take a few days driving up the coast to Barcelona, so managed to get an amazing deal on car hire on the net (75 euros for 4 days)...until I had this conversation when I went to pick it up...


Car Hire Woman: So that's 75 euros for the car, and 90 euros for the one way rental. 165 euros please


Crap Elvis: (shocked look) Hang on, there was no mention of a one way rental fee


CHW: Yes, but you are renting for less than 7 days, so we have to charge it.


CE: OK, how much to rent the car for 7 days?


CHW: 112 euros


CE: (puzzled look) OK then, fine, I'll pay for 7 days, then drop it off after 4, and we both win.


CHW: No sir, if you bring it back after 4 days, we will consider it less than a week, then you must pay the one way fee.


CE: (stunned, then smug look) Well then, I may as well rent it for 7 days, drive to your office after 4 days, park it on the street outside, then return to your office 3 days later and drive it into your carpark.


CHW: Yes sir.


CE: (eats his own face, and proceeds with plan)








Peniscola (It's not just cola!)






Traditional dress... and some local Spanish girls in their usual stuff


How to mess with the tourists - tell them the bullring is empty...


Sorry, I couldn't have lived with myself if I didn't take this photo

No comments: