www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Crap Elvis on the Transmongolian Railway

The Moscow to Yekaterinburg section weighing in at a leisurely 28 hours. Fortunately, I had no time to waste on reading or looking out of the window once discovering that I was sharing my compartment with some Russian boxing champions on the way to the National Championships in Perm. Despite only 2 boxers actually booked in this compartment, it varied from 4 to 8 at any one time. Despite not talking any Russian, and them not talking any English, we managed to repeat the same conversation over and over until they got off. Conversation may be a rather loose term for what really was this sentence "Australia! Kangaroos. Costa Tsyzu." Costa Tsyzu is a Russian boxer who moved to Australia. Kangaroos are...well, let's not get too bogged down with details.

"If you don't have a broken nose, make some noiiiiise". Just me then.


View from the train. Ooh look, another snow filled field.


Then it got really exciting.


Yekaterinburg to Irkutsk took a lazy 53 hours. No Russian boxers, just one Russian policewoman. No photos due to fear of arrest.



How 51 of the 53 hours was spent. Apart from the drunk helicopter pilot who tipped vodka in my beer. If you're ever in the country, never accept a lift in a chopper.

No comments: