www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Saturday, January 10, 2009

London, Moscow, Paris, Rio........Parkes: Crap Elvis returns to the Elvis Festival

Just a real quick post. After 25 countries across the world, the trip has spat me back out at the Parkes Elvis Festival in Australia. It's pure Elvis madness.
I've met a woman who knitted her own Elvis wig, shaken hands with the town's mayor who was also in full Elvis gear.....and have just finished a full set of Crap Elvis tunes on the town's mainstage.
Despite some die-hard Elvis fans obviously organising the weather against me, with the only torrential storm of the day starting just before my performance, I was reckoning around the 14 minute mark before I'd get booed off. Fortunately the storm messed with people's logical side of the brain and I managed the full half hour to rapturous and worrying applause.
Now for some rest for another gig in 2 hours time.....
Photos, videos to follow in next couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was part of that crowd, we had a great time and survived the storm

argosy said...

We had a great trip up and back on tne train, mate, luvved the show on the return train - don't kid yourself the 'puns' worked for me and you seem to have worked out your own style of singing?!?! am just hanging out for my photo -knitted wig and all! TEEHEE. I believe the wig was mentioned in the SMH but no photo - so you have a scoop. next time I might even have the cardy to go with it!!!
LUVVED travelling with you. Kia ora e hoa - take it NZ when you can.